This privacy statement contains information about:
- The personally identifiable information we collect from you through our website
- How we use such information and with whom we share the information
- Your options with regard to collection, use and distribution of your information
This statement relates to the Centre’s privacy practices in connection with this website. Tom Crean Business Centre may occasionally update or amend this privacy statement as needed or appropriate, so please review this statement periodically.
The Tom Crean Business Centre is committed to protecting the privacy of the Centre’s website users. The Centre fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act, 1988 and Data Protection (Amendment) Act, 2003.
Tom Crean Business Centre’s websites may contain links to other sites. The Centre has no responsibility or control over the content or the privacy policies and practices of such websites. You are advised to consult the privacy statements of individual sites to ascertain the policies and practices under which they operate.
We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private, and is used only for the purposes as outlined here.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about Tom Crean Business Centre’s privacy commitment, please feel free to email us at [email protected].
Some technical terms used in this statement are explained at the end of this page.
What We Collect
Tom Crean Business Centre, may obtain, hold and process the personal data of Tom Crean Business Centre Client’s (past and present), Current Programme Participant’s, Former Programme Participant’s, Mentees, Trainers, Mentor’s and other Government and Public Stakeholders. It may obtain, hold and process the sensitive personal data and special category data.
The following types of personal data may be collected;
- Name, contact information (address, email address, telephone numbers), date of birth, nationality and country of domicile. In very limited circumstances we may also collect PPS number and passport number
- Information relating to education and training records
- Information relating to meetings held.
Tom Crean Business Centre collects personal information and may require payment information when you book meeting rooms and/or Pod’s.
Tom Crean Business Centre may sponsor or participate in contests, or promotions, where you will be required to provide personal information to submit an entry.
How we collect information:
Personal data and sensitive personal data/special category data held by the Tom Crean Business Centre, relating to individuals is obtained directly from the Individual, or in some cases from a third party organisation involved in the services provided by the Tom Crean Business Centre. which has obtained the information in the first instance (for example Local Enterprise Offices.).
Personal data may be collected in a number of ways as follows;
- Directly from information you provide to us expressing an interest in becoming a Client, Programme participant and/or through the application or registration processes.
- Directly from other Government and Public Stakeholders which processes applications for training programmes run by the Tom Crean Business Centre.
- Directly from other Government and Public Stakeholders which refer applications for mentoring by the Tom Crean Business Centre.
Purpose of collecting Information:
Tom Crean Business Centre, holds the personal data and sensitive personal data/special category data of its Clients (past and present), Current Programme Participants, Former Programme Participants, Mentees, Trainers, Mentors and other Government and Public Stakeholders in order to implement and manage all services and processes relating to its business operations/services. Only information required for these purposes is obtained and processed, and without it the Tom Crean Business Centre, may not be able to provide its services. Information is passed between various sections of the Tom Crean Business Centre, for operational reasons as is necessary and proportionate for intended purposes.
We may use information collected for the following purposes;
- To contact clients in relation to relevant business functions and events.
- To allow the Tom Crean Business Centre invoice for services provided.
- To inform clients of impending changes or related works within the Centre.
- To track progress of individuals or companies.
- To link individuals or companies with external stakeholders.
Collection and use of personal information:
Tom Crean Business Centre does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer (for example by e-mailing us or by using an online form or questionnaire). Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties, and is used by Tom Crean Business Centre only for the purpose for which you provided it. Tom Crean Business Centre protects users’ personal information by storing the information in a controlled, secure environment.
Collection and use of technical information:
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged by our internet service provider for statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used to identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- the IP address of the visitor’s web server
- the top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- the previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this website (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- the type of web browser used by the website visitor.
Tom Crean Business Centre will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is the policy of Tom Crean Business Centre not to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party (apart from our internet service provider, which records such data on our behalf and which is bound by confidentiality provisions in this regard), unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. The technical information will be used only by the Tom Crean Business Centre, and only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute “personal data” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act, 2003.
Basis for processing information:
The processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of the contract under which we provide services or to progress expressions of interest and enquiries. We may also process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of our tasks carried out in the individuals interest or because it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests. We may also process your personal data for our compliance with our legal obligations. We may also process your personal data if it is necessary to protect your or another person’s vital interests; or if we have your specific or, where necessary, explicit consent to do so.
Tom Crean Business Centre may disclose personal data and sensitive personal data/special category data to external agencies to which it has obligations or a legitimate reason including the following;
- Enterprise Ireland
- Local Enterprise Offices
- Other partners
This is not an exhaustive list and any other disclosures to third parties not listed here are made only where there is legitimate reason to do so and in accordance with the law.
Individuals whose personal data and sensitive personal data/special category data is held by the Tom Crean Business Centre have the following rights regarding their data:
- The right to be informed.
- The right to request access to their personal data held by the Tom Crean Business Centre.
- The right to rectification – to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified.
- The right to erasure of personal data – this will only apply where there is no legitimate reason for the Tom Crean Business Centre to continue to process the personal data. If you exercise your right to erasure, we will retain a core set of personal data which, for client or programme alumni, will include: name, address, email, telephone number and unique identification number so that we do not contact you inadvertently in future. We may also need to retain some financial records about you.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data – individuals have the right to block the processing of their personal data by the Tom Crean Business Centre in specific situations.
- The right to data portability – clients have the right to request provision of some elements of their information (for example programme participation details) in digital form in order to provide it to other organisations.
- The right to object – clients can object to the processing of their personal data by the Tom Crean Business Centre in certain circumstances, including the sending and receipt of direct marketing material.
- The right to object to automated decision making and profiling – individuals have the right to object to decisions taken by automatic means without human intervention in some circumstances.
Where the processing of personal data or sensitive personal data/special category data is based on the consent of the client, they have the right to withdraw their consent at any time by contacting the department or service who obtained that consent or the Tom Crean Business Centre.
If you are unhappy with Tom Crean Business Centre’s handling of your personal data, or believe that the requirements of the Data Protection Acts or GDPR may not be fully complied with, you should contact the Tom Crean Business Centre in the first instance. You also have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner.
We will hold your data indefinitely [to remain connected with the entrepreneurial community], or until you ask us to do otherwise. If you exercise your right to erasure, we will retain a core set of personal data which will include: name, address, email, telephone number and unique identification number so that we do not contact you inadvertently in future.
We may also need to retain some financial records about you for statutory purposes.
We will always respect a request by you to stop contact by any or all methods of communication, or for any specific purpose.
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or how we process your personal data, you can contact our Tom Crean Business Centre, by email: [email protected]
Thank you for using http://www.creancentre.com.
Glossary of technical terms
The piece of software you use to read web pages. Examples are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla and Opera.
The identifying details for your computer (or your internet company’s computer), expressed in “internet protocol” code (for example 220.127.116.11). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.